Emily Rasmussen – Multimedia Journalist
Hello, this is the ePortfolio of Emily Rasmussen. This website is a collection of Emily’s articles and clips from various publications.
Emily is a Long Beach native and is currently the city editor and news reporter for The Capistrano Dispatch.
Prior to joining The Capistrano Dispatch, Emily was a freelance reporter for the Orange County Register for nearly two years. At the OC Register, Emily primarily wrote news and feature stories covering South Orange County. Emily was also an associate editor and founder of The Edge Long Beach, a weekly publication in Long Beach covering news, arts and culture.
In addition to journalism, Emily loves to travel, hoping to one day become a foreign correspondent. She is a graduate of the journalism department at California State University Long Beach. She has worked at various publications throughout her college career and began her journalism career abroad as an editorial intern for several magazines in Dublin, Ireland. Emily has been an assistant news editor for the Daily 49er at CSULB, news anchor for the Daily 49er YouTube Channel, and an intern at the Beachcomber newspaper.
Emily is an aspiring reporter in all mediums of the media world – print, photography, video and radio. Her passions are writing, travelling, and exploring nature. Please feel free to contact Emily if her work interests you.
– City Editor and Community News Reporter at The Capistrano Dispatch [2018 – Current]
– Contributing Writer at the Orange County Register. Anaheim, CA [2015 – 2018]
– Associate Editor at The Edge Long Beach. Long Beach, CA [2015 – 2017]
– Freelance Travel Blogger [2014 – 2016]
– Intern at Beachcomber Newspaper. Long Beach, CA 
– Anchor & Reporter for the 49er News Show. CSULB 
– Intern at Ashville Media Group. Dublin, Ireland 
– Reporter and Assistant News Editor at the Daily 49er, California State University Long Beach’s student newspaper [2013-2014]